The background for foundation of Travel Explorations is:
- Be a counterpart to all "reproduced information" covered in global
media about well-known cities as London, Barcelona, Paris etc, and instead make
people understand that our world is bigger than this.
Our aim is therefore to visualize
untouched and unknown places for for unique adventures.
- Be a counterpart to all the negative cover in global
media about places and incidents around the world
Of course travelling
could be risky. In general we would like travellers to think positive about the
places around the world, but they also need to consider negative aspects of their tours. In most cases we believe that travellers will find places enjoyable
and people nice.
Guidelines for writing
Travel Explorations` target group are experienced backpackers
and adventure travellers. We like to catch their "heart and
soul" in travelling. How can you as a traveller write an article
which is interesting for our website and readers?
Some general questions you might ask yourself when writing
an article for us:
- What are related to travelling? Our main
travel-related themes are destinations with ancient sites, unique and unspoilt
places, exotic tribes, wildlife and nature, mysteries, extreme sport,
explorers and adventurers, explorations and discoveries, trends and travel
advise (safety, equipment etc).
- Why did you go there?
was the highlight? What was your most interesting experience? We like travel
tales mainly based on own experiences filled with strong passion including
elements as inspiring, enjoyable, pioneering, exciting, interesting and
- In what way did you and your travel team (group) prove yourself outstanding?
It could be a challenging tour consisting elements of unique adventures
(courage, determination and performance), pioneering, explorations (new
insight) and discoveries
- What makes this place/adventure unique?
- How have cultural elements as nature, arts, history or
religion shaped this society?
- Why should other people go there?
Make your story personal and lively. Use only general information as
background information for putting your story in a frame.
Additional guidelines are:
- Headings and ingresses: should draw attention, be
clear and interesting
- End of the articles: should contain an conclusion,
encouragement or engaging question related to the heading and ingress
- Language: British English
- Most travel tales and feature articles are between
1,000 and 1,500 words. Longer articles might be split into multiple parts.
- Submission of articles is preferred accompanied by
photographs, but not it's not a absolute claim
- Some of the photos related to travel tales should
include photographs of people involved in activities, both of the travellers
and the people they are meeting on their way
- Photos are preferred in JPEG format and edited (250 pixels wide)
Terms and conditions
We in Travel Explorations
appreciate all contribution of articles and photos from travellers around the
world. All articles and photos accepted by us will be published on our website.
People who want to contribute to Travel Explorations should be beware of
- They must not give an impression that they are
representing us without a formal clarification from us.
- They who are presented as contributors
(authors/journalists) on our website on the Press Room menu is not
representing Travel Explorations if it's not especially stated in the
presentations or other places
- We will consider earlier published articles in other media if it's not in
conflicts with other media`s rights and we find the subject interesting. In
such cases we expect that the article(s) is especially formed to be used on
By submitting your articles, photographs and video clips to Travel
Explorations, you should be aware of the following:
- You agree to allow us the right to publish your
material on our web site for a period
- You will retain full copyrights over your original
- Some parts of your work might be edited for
publishing. Most travel tales and feature articles on our website are between
1,000 and 1,500 words. If your articles are longer you must agree that they
could be split into multiple parts
- If copyrights to any of your material on our website
are sold, or if you simply no longer want your material to be available on our
website, we will remove it at your request
- Any material used on our website have to be owned by
- You need to accept that related advertises can be
added to your articles, but it will not under any circumstances be direct
linked to your articles and photos without a written acceptance from you
- We normally don't pay for any submitted material
Benefits for contribution
These are the
benefits we offer you for submitting materiel to our
You will be presented in the end of the
article(s) - name, e-mail address, relevant links, text and photo
You will be fully presented with contact details on the menu "Press Room" on our site. Anyone who wants you
to do a job for them can contact you directly.
You are welcome to use your published work on our
website as a reference for own promotion
All requests regarding buying your
material, you will be contacted by us
Assist your pursuit of a successful writing and/or photography
All proposals of articles and other material will be carefully evaluated. We
will keep to right to reject proposals which are not well prepared, uninterested
subject, unsolicited content, or for other reasons.
We are eager to get more travel related articles and
stories. If you would like to submit articles, photographs, video clips or to
contribute in any way to Travel Explorations, please email us at Stein@TravelExplorations.com.